EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years of site construction experience with progressive responsibility on heavy industrial construction Projects for industries such as Power Generation, Chemical Processing, Petrochemical, or similar.
- Prefer working knowledge of construction techniques in multiple disciplines.
- Previous experience as a Construction Site Manager or similar position preferred.
- Experience in both new construction and revamp work preferred.
- Knowledge of subcontractor management in a construction management role preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Working ability with Microsoft Office required. Experience with Project Management software preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret drawings, technical procedures, Subcontracts and contracts.
- Ability to write reports, prepare written correspondence concerning Project needs and issues, and to document project activities.
- Effectively communicate with Project Managers, Engineers, Subcontractors, and site construction staff.
- Effectively present construction information to Company Project Manager, Engineering and Company senior management.
- Calculate figures and amounts such as proportion, percentage, area, circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to construction requirements.
- Solve practical construction problems based on experience and Project technical requirements.
- Interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Must be able to navigate obstacles while walking at construction sites, climb ladders and stairs, occasionally lift objects weighing up to 35 pounds, hear horns and warning alerts, and visually inspect installed work.
- Willingness and ability to be assigned to Project Sites 100% of the time from mobilization until Project completion with potential travel to Company, Engineering, or Supplier facilities for brief periods. May be temporarily assigned to a Company office location.