Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Required to oversee rigging operations on assigned crane.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must know proper hand signals to communicate with equipment operator.
- Read and interpret project plans, blueprints, and other written instructions and diagrams to perform tasks accurately.
- Read and interpret measuring tools such as, tape measure, speed square, framing square…etc. To perform task accurately.
- Fully Understand Plant North and drawing coordinates.
- Must have specific knowledge of rigging equipment and their capacities and uses.
- Inspect all rigging equipment prior to use for wear, damage, or deterioration.
- Attach slings, chokers, spreader bars, etc., to material to be moved.
- Attach rigging and manually move materials, equipment, parts, or assemblies into position using hoists, chain falls, snatch blocks, or come alongs.
- Attach rigging and move materials, equipment, parts, or assemblies.
- Act as safety observer on equipment lifts.
- Plan or assist in the pre-planning of lifts.
- Guides load during lift and positioning.
- Signal Equipment operator during lifts for directional or placement instructions.
- Climb structures to guide and position load.
- Assist in connecting or stabilizing of load prior to detaching load from equipment.
- Detach loads and remove rigging equipment.
- Place and remove outrigger pads from Cranes and other heavy equipment.
- Perform daily safety checks to ensure equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Complete necessary documentation, reporting, and limited office duties.
- Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens.)
- Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to training and skills as requested by project supervision. Must have the ability to take direction from a higher skilled worker or foreman.
- Must have basic knowledge of the construction processes involved in heavy industrial construction.
- Support project with other tasks as directed by supervision.
- Communicate with Foreman regarding any problems arising, materials required, or any hazards noted.
- Ability to work different shifts and overtime as required.
- Work under production schedule pressure.
- Attain set standards of accuracy.
- Be able to perform duties in a safe manner.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum five (5) years of verifiable experience Operating as a Rigger.
- Applicable Rigger training and certificate from National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), NCCER, or from an approved 3rd Party certification body.
- Ability to obtain, through evaluation, the certification to operate project site mobile cranes.
- Each employee must provide Safety Toe Boots.
- Follow all state, company, client, OSHA, and federal guidelines regarding health and safety.
- Each employee is to practice and maintain good “House Keeping” by cleaning up their work area and jobsite after each task.
- Knowledge of equipment safety, maintenance, and storage.
- Knowledge of manufactures load charts and how to interpret.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English fluently to understand equipment load charts, prepare written orders, read safety topics, etc.
- Additional knowledge and skill requirements may vary by assignment.
- Work up to a 12-hour shift doing hard physical work in varying temperatures and outside conditions.
- May need to maintain physical strength and stamina; Use arms, hands, and legs fully; Push, pull, and frequently lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds; and stoop, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, and climb to perform job tasks.
- Stamina to perform this task repetitively and continuously for several hour intervals.
- Uncontrolled environmental conditions: Constant change in weather and site conditions.
- This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment is required (including but not limited to- safety toed shoes, gloves, safety glasses, hearing protection, hardhat, vest, etc.).
- Move in and around confined, cluttered, and uneven areas.
- May need to work at heights and must be able to abide by all safety and fall-protection requirements; must be able to wear and utilize all safety equipment required for work at heights.
- Evaluate information based on measurable standards; and see details in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes and shadings.
- Visualize objects in three dimensions from drawings.
- Keep good balance and work at heights.
- See well (either naturally or with correction).
- Hear well (either naturally or with correction.)
- Coordinate the use of eyes, hands, and feet.
This position is a Full-Time position scheduled to work typically 50 hours per week. Schedule is subject to projects requirements.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Per Diem- per days worked if residence of record is 100 miles or more from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.