The Estimator II is responsible for analyzing blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for Industrial projects. The estimator will review the bid information to determine material and labor requirements and prepare itemized takeoff lists. The estimator will prepare material, subcontract and self-perform labor costs to each item of work required for each project.
This position can lead entire project estimates singlehandedly or be a member of a team of employees to complete larger bid efforts. The person will be able to estimate mechanical equipment installation, concrete, structural steel, and piping.
The estimator must be well-organized and able to multitask while working under strict deadlines on multiple estimates at one time. This person must also be articulate with a professional demeanor able to work with a wide range of technical professionals and consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
This individual will interact regularly with many departments and the management team to identify needs and strategies, and will be required to deliver clear, consistent, and measurable impacts to Industrial’s estimating efforts. This Estimator will aid, as necessary, in all areas of Estimating including estimating needs for the company’s construction projects across the United States.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Perform detailed estimates in accordance with the scope of work, performing quantity take-offs, determining manpower, equipment requirements, obtaining material quotes and firm subcontractor quotes in accordance with policies, procedures and authority delegations.
· Schedule and facilitate review meetings with operations sponsor, and senior management.
· Review and comprehend technical and contractual documents such as Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Quotes (RFQs).
· Able to read and translate engineered drawings for industrial projects, including but not limited to, Mechanical equipment erection detail drawings, P&ID’s, process flow diagrams, general arrangement. Candidate must also be able to navigate a 3D model.
· Create, organize, format, and maintain material takeoffs from all types of drawings listed above.
· Obtain material and subcontract pricing from several vendors to ensure competitive pricing that adheres to project schedule constraints.
· Sort, organize, and enter all data into InEight Estimate Software including labor rates, factors, material, and subcontract pricing.
· Organize, word process, format, edit, and support final production of proposals for bid and negotiated industrial construction projects in conjunction with other estimating efforts.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· 3-8 years estimating experience required with at least 2 years in industrial estimating.
· Field experience on industrial construction projects, preferred minimum 1-2 years.
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
· Ability to read and understand drawings, including symbols, and takeoff materials.
· Must be a self-starter with ability to manage multiple priorities and work with diverse employee base.
· Strength in communication, organization, and leadership.
· Competent in Microsoft Suite of products (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
· Experience with Blue-Beam, Navisworks, Egnyte, P6 and Microsoft Project.
· Experience with InEight Estimate (Hard Dollar) a plus.
· Technical writing ability.
· Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness.
· Capacity to work with other departments within the organization to reach consensus and solve problems.
· Self-motivating and capable of taking initiative to obtain improvements.
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
Salary Range: $75,989-113,983
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer